One-Pan Vegetable Sabzi
Written by: Shannon Corlett, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon ground mustard
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 small head cauliflower
1 cup green beans
½ cup carrots
1 medium zucchini
1 cup baby potatoes, quartered
¼ cup water
⅓ cup green peas, thawed if frozen
- Cut cauliflower, green beans, carrots, zucchini, and potatoes into bite-sized (about 1-inch) pieces.
- Mix all spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the spice mixture and cook for about 30 seconds. Then toss in all vegetables except the peas and ¼ cup water, stirring in the spice mixture. Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 116, Fat: 4g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 40mg
Nutrition Tip: This colorful veggie dish pairs perfectly with a vegetarian or meat-based protein. For plant-based options, try dal (lentils), hummus, or tofu. Chicken, lamb, or lean beef are also delicious options. A small amount of brown rice or a whole grain wrap could also be added to the meal as carbohydrate source. Missing a seasoning? No problem, there are plenty of flavors to enjoy. Increase or decrease the amount of cayenne to adjust how spicy your vegetables turn out.